Thursday, April 7, 2011

Washington D.C. Cherry Blossoms

This post is here a few days late but I wanted to share my trip to D.C. to see the Cherry Blossoms. I guess I wouldn't call it a real trip since I live just a short Metro ride from our Nations capital, but it was a really nice visit to the District, and great weather except for a short hail storm when we had to run to the Jefferson Memorial! But even that was exhilarating! So I wanted to share a few pictures that Justin (my fiance) and I took while we were walking around.
This is my favorite picture that I took during our walk. I just love the dramatic sky against the white/pink of the blossoms!

Justin and I huddled with tons of people inside the Jefferson Memorial during the short and windy hail storm.

My wonderful soon to be hubby Justin!!

Justin kept telling me to get closer to the edge. I was close enough for my taste and the picture turned out great!

This was what the sky looked like right after the little hail shower. Dramatic!

Good Macro of the Blossom with the Jefferson Memorial blurred in the background.

It's me! It was quite a windy day, but beautiful!



Justin and I walked all the way around the tidal basin and then over to the Jefferson Memorial, FDR Memorial and finally the Washington Monument. So it was quite a long and enjoyable walk. We rode the Metro back home. All in All some great quality time with my sweetie, great exercise, and beautiful sightseeing! We go hiking quite a bit together so I am sure I will have more pictures to share in the future!

2 comments:

Say it like ya mean it! :) I am all ears!