Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First Day of Work

Today was my first day at my new job. I was pretty good. Things are just done a whole lot differently than they were at my last job. The children are so sweet and they seemed to really like me a lot and remembered my name very quickly. Today I was with the PreK class that was mostly 4/5 year olds. The teachers in the classroom are super nice and gave me the low down on what daily things I would be doing, since I am a floater teacher. I am so tired and I don't think I really did that much today but I guess I was nervous too which can cause a bit of stress. There is so much more to tell about my day, but I don't have the energy to type it all out, even though I would really like to, it would probably just bore everyone that reads this blog! haha

I am so glad I had a filling breakfast because, I didn't get to eat my lunch until 2:00 pm! AHH that was crazy, the teachers eat with the children but they serve lunch and they have stuff like canned green beans, and chef boyardee ravioli, which I don't particularly want to eat....and they serve milk which I really don't drink. It was very different from anything I have experienced before, they also say grace before lunch, which I have never seen happen before in a non-christian establishment. I hope I can find a way to eat at least some of my lunch and not have to wait til 2:00 pm. You are just with the kids all the time and you aren't supposed to eat different food in front of them, but none of the children bring their own lunch...which I also thought was interesting.

But here is my hearty breakfast that I whipped up the night before! A bowl of overnight oats! Seriously, amazing because I just heat for 1 min and it warms it up and it tastes like oatmeal except a bit more yogurty... This breakfast was so good.

Tropical Overnight Oats! 1/3 cup (equal parts) of oats, silk light vanilla soy milk, pineapple chobani yogurt, I just used a whole 6 oz container of yogurt.

Mix in the night before: 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp coconut flakes (I love these bowls!)

Toppings after heating for 1 min: more chia and coconut, and spoonful of peanut butter!






I made more overnight oats for tomorrow breakfast since I have to get up at 5:30 am! ugh...So no pictures of lunch or dinner today. For dinner I just had leftovers from Team Trivia night at the Mountain State Brewing Company. I had a flat-bread pizza with artichoke and prosciutto and lots of garlic and some cheese! I was so good, and the beer wasn't bad their either. I have to remember to bring my camera when we go out to restaurants. I always forget. Time to get ready for bed already, I am tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it like ya mean it! :) I am all ears!