Thursday, September 8, 2011

Productivity Hooray!...and good eats!

Today has been a fairly productive day so far. I got up with Justin today at 7 am, then slowly made myself some breakfast checked email and watched some news so it was a fairly relaxing morning. And I made another wonderful bowl of oatmeal. Except this time I was lazy and I just used the instant microwave packets, this oatmeal was flavor maple strudel, but I added my own fixin's of course!
Mixed in the oatmeal was some Silk light vanilla soy milk, and chia seeds. I was already flavored oatmeal so that was all it needed. Toppings: Cinnamon, toasted walnuts, coconut, cinnamon, and a dollop of PB&Co Cinn. Raisin Swirl! I really like the walnuts in the oatmeal this time! yum!
Coffee with So Delicious coconut milk creamer! a new fave!
After breakfast I puttered around the apartment organizing and making the bed, which I actually enjoy doing now because it looks so darn pretty when I do! I love our quilt!! Then I got my butt in gear and got dressed and headed out for a jog. I jog/walked about 2 miles and I climbed the stairs up to the Law school building. I have done this 2 days in a row now and I like it. I got around the stadium twice and up and down the stairs twice. I think I actually do more walking than jogging but I just need to start slow and then build from there. It felt really good! I needed exercise back in my life! After that I came home and took a shower, folded the laundry that was in the dryer and then did some reading. After all that it was about time to make lunch.

So for lunch we had a bunch of left over kale from when I made Kale Chips for the first time. Which I love and will be buying tons of kale just to make them all the time! So I made a plate full and then I had a Honeycrisp apple from Brown's! I love that place they have the best fruit ever! I had my apple with cinnamon and cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter from P.B. & Co. and it took some time for the kale to bake so I arranged my apple into a pretty edible flower...really what else do I need to be doing?!
I think I should go into apple arranging...no?

Honeycrisp apples are the best ever, especially when they are fresh from a local orchard!

Now here is my kale before and after! These are so easy and so delish! Just tear into pieces spread out on a cookie sheet drizzle with a little olive oil, or I just sprayed the pan with Pam olive oil spray. Sprinkle with a little salt and pop in the over for 15 mins at 375 degrees! And you have your own veggie chips!!
Before: Fresh kale with a sprinkle of salt!

After: Crispy yummy kale chip goodness!

Thats Lunch! A bit of my sun tea I made yesterday, it turned out OK but I don't think there was quite enough sun so it was pretty weak.

Oh! I got a job offer at a nearby childcare center, so I am going to be working there started next Wednesday! It isn't my dream job, but I love working with kids and I think I will like it there! I should get the schedule emailed to me today. I will let you know more later. And I didn't get to make the enchiladas because yesterday evening Justin called and asked if I wanted to grab a drink with his co-worker/friend at Damon's. So I got to meet somebody new and then we ended up going to his house and I met his wife too! So it was a great evening, but I didn't get to make my enchiladas so that is on the menu for tonight and if I have enough time (and Justin doesn't hog the computer (: ) I will post the recipe and photos, and give ya my opinion! Have a great rest of the day!


1 comment:

  1. Yum - your oats look good!! My day is just not right, if it doesn't start with oats!

    ReplyDelete

Say it like ya mean it! :) I am all ears!