Monday, September 19, 2011

Glorious Morning Muffins!


Yesterday I felt like baking and I found this yummy recipe off of the back of the Gold Medal Flour package so I decided to make these Glorious Morning Muffins and I am sure glad that I did, because they are delicious!

The cool thing was I also looked up the recipe online and my muffins look exactly like the picture from the Gold Medal Flour website! :) score! So here is the recipe.

Glorious Morning Muffins

2
eggs
3/4
cup vegetable oil
1/4
cup milk
2
teaspoons vanilla
1
cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1
cup Gold Medal® whole wheat flour
1
cup packed brown sugar
2
teaspoons baking soda
2
teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2
teaspoon salt
1 1/2
cups shredded carrots (2 to 3 medium)
1
cup shredded peeled apple
1/2
cup coconut
1/2
cup raisins
3/4
cup sliced almonds
  1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 18 regular-size muffin cups or grease with shortening. In large bowl, beat eggs, oil, milk and vanilla with wire whisk until well blended. Add flours, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. With spoon, stir in carrots, apple, coconut, raisins and 1/2 cup of the almonds.
  2. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup almonds over batter.
  3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from muffin cups.
Makes 18 muffins 
 
 
 
The only thing I added in the recipe was 2 tbsp of ground flax with blueberry from Trader Joe's. I thought it would be good, but to be honest these are packed with so many other flavors you can't taste the flax at all.
These muffin are super moist with all the apple, raisins, and carrots. They are so tasty and I love eating one with a hot cup of tea. This recipe is definitely a keeper! Shredding all the carrots and apple seemed like a lot of work but it is worth it!

Unfortunately today I am not feeling to hot I have an awful sore throat and stuffy nose, I think I am getting a cold. I couldn't talk very much yesterday because it hurt. My mom called me and I couldn't call her back to talk because it just hurt so bad. Sorry mom :( So I will be going to bed early tonight.

I decided to make a big batch of toasted oatmeal, it is made a different way than other oats, and it is soo good and chewy! I will have to post about how I make it another time, I was told this way to make it by one of my friends who is a nutritionist and she doesn't like mushy cereal. It is very tasty!
Toasted oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins, and a drizzle of honey. Good Earth Original tea, and a Glorious Morning Muffin!
Yum! I made a big batch so I get to eat it tomorrow again! Like these cute ramekins they were $1.30 at our grocery store. I got 2. I like to eat out of colorful dishes and they make nice pictures!

Work today was rough because I wasn't feeling to great, ugh and I have a feeling tomorrow isn't going to be that great. Tomorrow is Team Trivia with our friends here but I don't know if I am going to be able to go, not if I feel this sick ugh. For dinner tonight I just wanted soup because it was such a gloomy and rainy day. This soup was good but I kinda wished we he chiken noodle, but I would love to have this soup again!
It ending up being a lot of food, very filling. We made semi-homemade bruschetta!
The soup is one of Bertolli's Meal Soup meals for 2.

Tomato Florentine & Tortellini with Chicken


Justin made our semi-homemade roasted red pepper bruschetta, he baked the crostinis  brushed with olive oil, garlic and a sprinkle of parm. cheese. I mixed the semi-homemade mixture. Some feta that was in oil with olives, mixed with the roasted red pepper bottled bruschetta. It made it 10 times better!
Well I need to go take some medicine and then get to bed, and I hope for a good nights sleep because I didn't have one last night. Sniff sniff. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it like ya mean it! :) I am all ears!