This recipe was given to me by Justin's Aunt Maureen! I made it yesterday for dinner and it was awesome!! I loved it and so did the hubs! :) Without any further ado here is the recipe and then I will tell you what I used for certain things.
Black Bean & Spinach Enchiladas
- 1 frozen package chopped spinach (cooked)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained (and I also like to rinse them too)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 pkg flour tortillas (6 inch) (What I actually used was the 100 calorie tortillas by the La Tortilla Factory, they are much better for you than regular tortillas)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice (I used a fresh squeezed lime but the juice from the bottle would work too.)
- chopped tomatos ( grape or cherry, then cut in half)
- approx. 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (you can substitute whatever cheese you like, I think I used a Mexican blend)
- 2 scallions finely sliced
Preheat over to 375°. Combine spinach, black beans, and salsa. Fill tortillas with filling and roll. Place in a (lightly oiled, spray with cooking spray) 8x13 pan and bake for 15 min. Combine sour cream and lime juice and cut all veggies while the enchiladas are baking. Remove enchiladas from oven and spread sour cream and lime jucie mixture on top of enchiladas. Top with shredded cheese, tomatos, and scallions. Return pan to the oven for 5 min.
Serve and enjoy!! This recipe was so good and it is pretty healthful! For us it made 5 large enchiladas. A good option if you have a no meat dish once a week. In our home it happens more often than that!
So... for pictures, while I was making the mixture of spinach, beans, and salsa I completely forgot to take photos, fail on my part. But this recipe is pretty self explanatory.
|I only remembered to start taking pictures after the enchiladas were in the oven...oops.|
|fresh squeezed lime juice|
|combining sour cream and lime juice|
|Justin made margaritas on the rocks while enchiladas were baking!|
|Like the new table cloth?!|
|only thing missing is a little extra salsa for dipping!|
|This recipe seems like there is more spinach than black beans but hey that's OK with me!|
We will be going back to Maryland to visit our parents and to get some more things that we forgot to pack during our move! Maybe I can make some yummy meals for my parents! Enjoy your weekend!